Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Here's another one, just two or three weeks prior, after what seemed like a nice date, with both of us learning closer and closer in the bar (which wasn't that noisy):

"Hey Secundus --
Work has been crazy and I've been skipping my personal email for about 3 days. Sorry for my delay.

I like to take a couple days to let a new date settle in before making any decisions about how I feel--in the middle of things, I tend to just go along with what I think is the easiest course of action. At this point, thinking back to Monday evening, I have to say that I didn't feel *that* kind of spark with you; I would hate to waste your time (or mine) because I didn't tell you how I was really feeling. While I would be happy to spend time with you, I don't feel that romance is in the cards for us.

I hope things are going well for you and that you meet the perfect special someone (perhaps you have already met her since your last email to me? the world moves quickly sometimes).

-J"

No comments: